Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Secret is Out

Seriously I wanted to wait until at least 15 weeks, maybe even longer to let the word out, but the kids and Bryon wanted to tell the world that I was pregnant.
So I did the only 21 Century thing to do when you have something to say. I posted it on Facebook.
Now it isn't that I am not excited about this one. I am. There were just a lot of things that played into keeping it private for a while.
1st- It is the 4th. Seriously, who cares right??
2nd- Other people we love are on there first, way more important.
3rd-The issues with my lungs still hasn't been completely resolved, but when the OB told me I should probably wait, it was already too late. 5 weeks too late.
4th-After a friend lost her own baby so close to delivery, it really seemed like a bad time.

But then Bryon got to talking to his brother about the Bow Hunt. Of course I will not be attending this year, being due the week before. He was struggling to come up with a good reason why he hadn't bought his license yet. Frustrated I finally gave him the go ahead to spill the beans. That just opened the flood gate. Rebekah told 7 people at school the next day! I guess that I still get credit for announcing it to the most people because of FB.

I just hope that my parents read this soon...Since we haven't officially told them yet....
Love ya.

Oh and the Jelly Bean? That is what we are calling the little squid until we know which direction things are pointing.

11 comments:

Riss said...

Congratulations! I've been wondering about you guys. Yeah!

Emily H said...

Congrats to you and squishy butt. So excited for you.

Unknown said...

Jellybean is my nieces nickname! Its so cute! We are super excited for you and I don't care if it's the 4th or the 14th...it's always an exciting thing to be expecting a new little angel.

Becker Family said...

Congratulations! So excited for you guys! Hope you aren't feeling too sick. Keep us updated!

Suz said...

Welcome to the club! I'm hoping to be done with the club here in a few (I really want it this week) weeks. Congrats to you and your family!

Unknown said...

August 15th due date? It'll be fun to have a cousin the same age! Too bad for your parents to miss these ones, ha ha.

Unknown said...

Congrats!

Heidi Keller said...

That is exciting news. Hope all goes well.

John and Heidi said...

I love you Janet!!!!

Congrats!!!!

Make sure you lots of rest and take care of those lungs. I had to resp. infections with Jocelyn and it sucks. Make sure I am the list of 1st to get to hold this little one!!!!

DeVries Family said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Andrea said...

Thanks for posting on your blog and not just Facebook cuz some of us are behind the times and not connected enough to friends.

Congratulations!!! We love having 4.