Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sensitivity

Rebekah has begged for more than a year for Bryon and I to reveal what happens at the end of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. Being the literary consumers that we are, we have refused.
Tonight she finally reached "that" part. She has been listening to it on Bryon's Ipod and had passed it several times after she had fallen asleep. I helped her find it and then she begged me to sit and listen to it with her. I was in her room for about an hour, listening to 3 or four chapters. When the fated moment arrived I watched her very closely. She displayed shock and a lot of "I knew it!"'s. Then after the action was over, she settled into the quiet place of mourning and listen on with a few tears peeking out from the edges of her eyes.
I love you baby! Thanks for spending the night with your wierdo mom.

1 comment:

Lyndee W. said...

I cried, too. I think Rowling needs to write more...maybe a new series with the new characters at the end of Deathly Hallows.