Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tribute Tuesday

After yesterday's fiasco, I decided that today would be better. So far so good.
I was changing laundry and knocked down a pile of pictures that I had kiffed from my parents house and meant to scrapbook who knows how long ago.

I decided to kiff something esle. The Fabulous Macula does a Flashback Friday on her blog. I was going to wait until Friday but I decided I couldn't. I needed the little extra boost today.

So here is the first official Tribute Tuesday (not be confused with Twilight Tuesday).
I am going to pick a different person in my life each week to spotlight and thoroughly embarrass the crap out of them by posting great things.

Most of the pics that spilled on the floor were of my older brother Jeremiah. We are only 18 months apart so you can imagine that we were close growing up. Now it is sad to say that I don't have his phone number, nor even remember where is house is. Life gets in the way sometimes, but that is a bit ridiculous. (Alicia should be sending this info soon I bet).

So he is the lucky winner of this weeks contest. His totally cool wife watches the blog so I know this will not take long to get to him. Sorry, Miah. These were too funny to keep to myself.

The many faces of Jeremiah


Take care to notice the can of flour or whatever under the tree. My food storage parents at work.

With baby me (and Auntie Tammy and Lois too who are going to send threatening emails I am sure).
Ethen thinks this it the coolest cake ever. He might just get it for his 7th birthday. We have been Star Wars freaks from the beginning. The first one came out the year I was born. Too bad we didn't save all the toys we had. Ebay would have been a gold mine.
About 1986. The first day of school with our new van and our new house (only 1 year old at this point).


I don't think he built this quarter pipe. However, the giant one in our backyard was definitely his idea.

Yellowstone National Park. I was about 12 so 1990?


This was when I was away at college. He had moved back in with my parents and his band was well underway.
I stole this one off the Redemption My Space (a site no doubt monitored by his Internet extraordinaire wife) to give credit where it is due. The last I heard he had 10 guitars and never had to take a lesson. I hate that everything was always so easy for him.
My friend Laurie says that I am one of the smartest people she knows (I know she needs to meet more people), but Jeremiah was always smarter than I was.
I know Marianne will get a kick out of these, knowing him from Jr. High.

Love you Miah.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

unanswered questions

the thing under the tree is Mark's Honey. This was his bee farmer stage. or so I am told

Second picture is my birthday 1978. pretty sure since I remember wearing that jersey even after you could walk and it was a birthday present

3rd picture my birthday 1980 this was before the actual release of the empire strikes back.

4th picture absolutely correct first day of 5th grade for me.

5th. The oldest of the Saddler kids built that ramp dad bought it for me at the church yard sale for like 5 bucks that picture was taken in 1988 I think, from what I can remember I got that skate deck for Christmas that year.

6th pic summer of 89 before I went crazy.

last two completely right

I love you too

but vengeance will be mine for this.
don't think your the only one with dirty secrets tucked away

Janet said...

See I told you all he was smarter than me.