Monday, June 29, 2009

FHE


I did the lesson tonight on Strengthening our family. Funny cuz it is the theme this month for Primary (not that I would know these things now :( ) so there was lots of stuff.
Afterwards we were going in to get our treat and Ethen asked me to come and talk to him in his room.

When I got in there his poor little chin was quivering.
He told me that he wanted to thank me for doing such a great lesson tonight and that when we were singing the closing song (Families can be together forever), he really felt the spirit and he loves his family. Then he burst into tears.
Couldn't help but shed a few of my own. He is the most spiritually sensitive boy. I told him I hoped he would always be able to recognize the Spirit as easily as he does now.

8 comments:

Becker Family said...

That was sweet! Beautiful picture too!

the4ofusut said...

So sweet! It was so great so see you Saturday!! Can't we steal you for activities!?! It is going to be so much fun again!

Janet said...

You want to steal me Steph? You already have my heart, what else could you want? Hee hee. What did you have in mind?

Unknown said...

What a sweet boy-you must be doing your job right!

the4ofusut said...

Oh you make me laugh!! I want you on the activities committee!! Laura can survive without you! Then we can just have fun all day long!

Grandma Susie said...

Now you've got me in tears. Keep up the good work! You must have had some GREAT leaders in your youth!!

chrisandlaura96 said...

Awww, that's the sweetest thing ever!
-Laura

Lyndee W. said...

Sean does that at random times too. He'll tear up and say he feels the Spirit and misses Heaven...he loves me so much. It's really sweet huh? So...if Ethen and Sean are so much alike in this aspect...why do they fight so much? LOL