Friday, January 14, 2011

Just when you think you aren't doing any good.

This week has been filled with sickness.

Rebekah started out with a cold-ish-ness on Monday and ended up home 3 days with fever, cough, sore throat etc. I just knew it was going to continue through the fam, so when Sam came in our room early Thursday with a fever I thought...two down. Of course Sam didn't stay down all day like Rebekah would and by noon he wouldn't even take a nap.

I got home from work and the store late last night and then couldn't sleep, so it was after midnight before I finally slept.

2am-Jack needs to eat
3am-Sam in our room on the floor complaining.
3:30-I hear this "hello! hello! can anyone hear me? I need help!" Get out of bed to find Ethen in the bathroom on the floor. He had a stomach ache and a fever. I end up just covering him up and let him try to sleep in there.
3 hours later, he has whined and been given bread and water and medicine and the thermometer.
6:30 he finally throws up and then falls deeply asleep on the bathroom floor.


Sigh. Long night

Best part of it though was at 4 something, I had just got back into bed from getting something for Ethen and Sam pops up like he hasn't been asleep for an hour and loudly proclaims---
"MOM! I know what to do!" I think he is dreaming until he runs into the bathroom and I hear him say (quietly) "Ethen-you just need to say a pray to feel better." Then he went back to bed.

Nice to see that something sinks in...

No comments: