Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Musings

After an amazing funeral and a 5th Ward Reunion (Bishop Alan said it first), I have a few things to ponder on. It is funny how I always think, while sitting in funerals, about what will be said at mine. I am hoping that the Butterfly tile made sense to them all. If not, I really made it as therapy for me anyway.

First off, I am not fantastical like Miss Gae, so there were many things that just didn't apply to me.

Second, it was awesome to hear her kids talk about how much they fought. Yelling at my boys a few minutes ago because they were beating up on each other.... It all turns out okay in the end I
guess

Third-How often to we really write actual notes now days? All the kids had numerous letters that their mother had written them. I need to do that more often.

Fourth-Family Motto. I have thought of this a few times in the past. Bryon says we already have one. No Whining! I think we need to get a bit more perspective.

Fifth-Intense Personalities. My kids have them. That is the reason they are so hard to deal with at times. Such strong spirits trying to figure out how life works. A bit more understanding might be in order. Thanks for that Adam.

Sixth-People actually read this! I ran into so many old and constant friends who were well aware of what was going on in Buchmillerville because of this blog. Stalk Away my friends, Stalk Away.

All of the kids were able to see the amount of people in the chapel while giving tribute to their mom, but the most priceless of all was Blake's expression while following the casket afterwards. He looked genuinely surprised that so many people were there.

Yes Blake. We all showed up because we love Miss Gae.
Thanks for being amazing.

5 comments:

DeVries Family said...

I am SO glad you keep a blog! I LOVE stalking it and do it frequently!

Lyndee W. said...

I read every post! I may be late in commenting...but I read!

And I love that funerals help us gain perspective and testimony. A sad circumstance can bring joy and peace at the same time.

Grandma Susie said...

I was having very similar thoughts during Gae's amazingly comforting funeral service. I was surprised that I smiled more than I cried for that hour or so. I think Gae was so happy it turned out that way. The Beckstrom's are a great example! (Maybe tonight I'll update my blog!!)

Jamie Lamb said...

Janet I love snooping/stalking your blog. I'm gonna add yours to my list. It is great to stay in touch with old friends and blogs are a great way to do it. I was so glad I got to attend the funeral as well. I have a list of things I am going to work on so I can be more like Miss Gae. What a great example she was!

P.S. You can stalk my blog if you want. It is private but I'll give you an invite if you want. No pressure though.

Tammy Faye said...

What a day for reflection! It is good to slow down and enjoy what is important......and that is relationships and friends! Thanks for being mine!