Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Master Mender

Rebekah and Ethen were asked by my Dad's family to participate in a play about the death of Jesus Christ. It was quite an ordeal with rehearsals in Bountiful each week (what a gas bill). They got to play my mom's children and sing a song to Jesus. They loved dressing up and putting on make-up (even Ethen). Ethen was the youngest in the play except for one other girl. You could definitely tell. He picked at the styrofoam stage and during one performance, just casually walked up the steps and joined Grandma. I about died. It looked so natural that everyone in the audience probably couldn't tell it was a mistake, but I sure could. My Grandparents were there for that performance and just laughed.
It was awesome to see the children grow in their knowledge and testimony of Christ during the process. They both gained a greater understanding of who He was. I couldn't help but cry when they were singing to Him the first time. It was hard not to think that it was them sitting at the feet of the "real Jesus" as (Ethen differentiated). That made all the trips and work worth it. I hope that they will remember that experience for a long time.

Play the video to see pictures from the play. If your computer has speakers, you can hear the song they sang too!

2 comments:

Emily H said...

Ok put a wig on Ethan in that picture with the make up and you have another mini me.

Andrea said...

What a neat picture of your kids with Jesus. They are growing up.