Monday, December 17, 2007

Nighttime Routine

Sam is getting used to the processes of sleep time. He has started to protest on most nights that he wants to go "nigh-nigh". This is a cuddle time when Bryon or I lay with him in our bed while we watch TV. What a little manipulator.
A few days ago I was putting him down for the night and told me he wanted a song. I took a few times for me to understand what he wanted. I sang him his song, then he requested another one. I ended up singing all of the kids individual songs plus a couple more.
Yesterday in church I had him out in the hall trying to get him to sleep during Sacrament Meeting. He laid down and then wanted a song. I sat in the foyer of the church and softly sung 4 or 5 to him. I got a lot of smiles from people passing by.
No he didn't go to sleep.

FYI- the lullaby's
Rebekahs- "I'll take you dreaming" Court Jester
Ethen- "You are my sunshine"
Sam- "God Speed" Dixie Chicks
Extras- "baby mine" Dumbo
Anything from Kenny Loggins CD "Pooh Corner"

1 comment:

chumly said...

My mother did the same for me. I am now 55 and still appreciate what she did.