Monday, August 4, 2008

BDAY PART TWO






After we went to Brick Oven we ran Marianne home and went to Walmart for some groceries. It was 9pm and there was no one waiting for the party that was supposed to start there at 9. SO SAD!!

Then we hit Borders.

There isn't a lot of pics from there because we were all too astonished at the amount of weirdo's. There was a ton of people that dressed up in all black with painted faces and FANGS. I wanted to shake all of them and yell "HAVE YOU EVEN READ THE BOOK?!?!?! Go home. Stephenie's vamps don't have fangs you gothic wannabe's" Breathing deeply to calm down

Then we finally found Laura, the best TM EVER!! She grabbed me a wristband the night before so I didn't have to camp out and stand in line for one. Through her miraculous efforts we were number 43 out of about 1000 or so.





We played cards for a while because I was going to fall asleep. By the way, what happened to those cards? I was supposed to buy them since we opened them and shuffled them for spoons. Did anyone take care of that for me? Probably not since I was the only one at the register.

At 11:45 they had us all line up according to number (once again a round of applause for Laura). There was no limit on how many books you could buy so I told everyone that they could just pay me back and I would go and get everyone's books while they stayed and played cards (hence the missing card deck).





The line was all the way around the store and that was just 1-200. The line outside was HUGE. I would have said forget it and ran to Walmart!


When they asked me how many books I wanted and I replied 12!!!!!! They handed me a box that had 10 in it and slapped two more on top. I was the first one in line that had a box full. People were laughing all around me but I couldn't tell if it was because of the books or the hat.





When I got up to the registers, my adorable friends gathered around and started singing happy birthday to me. Most of the line joined in. I was laughing so hard!!! I have never had that many people sing to me at once. Thanks guys, it was touching.



We were out of the store by 12:14 and headed to the car. The only way to do a major crowded event in my opinion. See me for the day after Thanksgiving sale plan.


I read the first chapter in the car on the way back to work. I usually get car sick, but it must have been the material, because I was great!.

We always have a few shots of us in the car on girl's night, so here are a few. Laurie was in charge of the camera this time, so she can't say ANYTHING about her own pictures. They were self portraits after all.


Thanks to everyone who made it an AMAZING day and I missed all of you who weren't there.




1 comment:

DeVries Family said...

Laurie did a great job with the camera! Looks like the rest of the night was a success! GOOD TIMES!