Thursday, September 25, 2008

House of Order

I don't know about the rest of you, but since I had kids it has been a daily trial for me to keep the house clean. Other than my housekeeping idol Laurie, I know that many mothers suffer from this same thing.
My Stake put together an 8 week enrichment course called "The House of Order". It is a series put on by a woman who lives in Alpine.
I was excited to go until I saw her stand up and start to address the audience. She seriously looked like she had just got off the buss from Colorado City. Total FLDS baby. I said Great! She is going to tell me that it is my womanly responsibility to make the house neat and clean for my husband so that when he gets home from work he can have peace and tranquility after a long day on the job. My problems at home are nothing compared to his... blah blah blah. I was ready to stand up and leave after making an obscene gesture, but I put on my best behavior and gave it a chance.
The woman is GENIUS!!!
She is really funny and has a ton of ideas about how to be a Professional Home Manager. I loved it. So much for first impressions right?
She has the best plan for making cleaning in the background of your life and not the forefront. I am starting to implement all of her stuff this week. I will keep you posted on how it goes.
Here is her website so you can check it out. She teaches at Women's Conference all the time.

www.houseoforder.com

No comments: