Monday, September 29, 2008

My Bryon

Some experiences over the last few days have reminded me just how lucky I am to have such an amazing man as my husband.
I missed my Twilight Meeting in order to spend time with him. I made sure to point out that I indeed loved him more than Edward.
A girl at the LC asked me if Edward was real, if I would leave my husband for him. She told me that she certainly would trade in her model for an older colder version. I told her I wouldn't. I have everything I want in the man I have. And he likes my cooking. (although he does have venison in common with the Cullen's).
At Cooper Thomas' party last night, everyone was wondering where he was. He stayed at Church so that he could fill his responsibility as Young Men's President and teach. I ditched my primary class. There were many disappointed faces. Alison sister has two daughters who were each looking forward to seeing him. The 16 year old thinks he is hot, and the older one (sorry Katie I can't remember how old you are) wanted to make sure he suffered for complaining about his ailments to her when she has been diagnosed with MS.
When I called Bryon to let him know that he was in big trouble for missing the party he told me some interesting info.
Our bishopric has issued the ward a challenge to read 1 million versus by the end of the year. This requires every member of the ward to read 24 a day. We have been trying really hard to keep up. They are dividing the numbers into whatever auxillary you belong to in order to help them know which one to place more focus on. Of course the primary is kicking butt because the kids all read with their parents and everyone in the ward has multiple kids so when the parents read 24, the elders get 24, the relief society gets 24 and the primary gets 48 (for our family at least, we have decided not to count Sam since he reads a dinosaur book whenever we do).
The numbers are turned into the bishopric each Sunday. This was the first week and we did HORRIBLE.
In order to reach our goal, we need to have 72,000 versus a week from the whole ward. The total was a little over 6000. Depressing. Bryon said that the Elders Quorum had only 300. He read just under 200 of those!! Way to carry the entire Elders Bry!! He is hoping that a bunch of people just didn't turn theirs in.
He does have quite a bit of time that he can spend reading on the two hour buss ride everyday.

Then there is little miss Gentry Thomas. She is 5 weeks older than Sam and is a very vocal young lady. When the kids and I pulled up the house, she was outside and told her dad that "My Bryon" is here. She was really excited until she saw that he wasn't in the car. She kept asking me where her Bryon was. I even offered to let her talk to him on the phone, but she was so upset she didn't' want to. When it was time to go home, she heard that Bryon was at our house and she went and got into the van. She kept saying that she was "going to my Bryon's house. I want to see my Bryon." When Alison finally puller her out of the van she was crying about wanting her Bryon. They have a special bond. Al made sure to have me convey the message that he better feel bad about making her cry.

I wanted to post some of my favorite pics of him.

I love you more than life Bry!!

1 comment:

Emily H said...

Its no wonder every one loves squishy butt. Even when he doesn't want to go to the movies with me because he would have to be social.