Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Sam's wonderful vocabulary

We have started into the bigger words with Sam now. He is starting to for more coherent sentences, but with that additional vocab comes problems.
For instance, he has really been into cars and trucks lately. At the moment he is obsessed with a particular four wheel drive truck that he drags everywhere. Bryon had to take it away last night because he wanted to drive it on the table.
This morning, he wanted it for breakfast too. I let him have it with the stipulation that he didn't drive it.
He kept talking about his truck. "Sam's truck, Sam's truck" All happy, having a good time. Unfortunately he was mistaking the T for and F and in his rush of speech left out the R as well. Trying not to make a big deal of it I practiced the appropriate pronunciation.

I guess being observant comes along with all the extra words. I was organizing all the old kid clothes while he watched Fox and the Hound. He kept yelling at me to "LOOK!" and then he proceeded to tell me what was going to happen.
When we went upstairs to get a drink he told me he wanted to watch another movie. It was about nap time so I asked him what he wanted to watch. He thought for a few seconds with "Ummmm, Ummmm Sam watch..."
Then he pointed at our Transformers Calendar and said "That one!"
"You want to watch that one?"
"Yeah, that one!"
Okay, he was going to be asleep in a few minutes anyway and frankly, Lion King and Cars are beginning to wear on me so I complied.
When I was putting it in the DVD player he climbed up on the bed all excited.
"That be AWESOME!"
Awesome? just out of the blue? Bryon has been practicing that one with him.
Finally the movie started and he watched intently.
Then he grabbed my arm.
"Mom Look! formers coming!"
Didn't know he knew that word either.
Great!! I have two year old that drops "the bomb" and likes violent movies. I think Lion King and Cars are looking better.

1 comment:

DeVries Family said...

What the....?
I love the big stage! My nephew said "fockeroni" anytime he wanted mac n cheese. My all time favorite though is when my kids get out Thomas the Train and fight over the engine named Percy with Allie...
Have Sam try to say Percy in front of company!!!!!