Saturday, October 11, 2008

Team Alice

I have had a few people I don't see all the time ask about the updates from Twilight stuff, so I am going to add a bit to help out.
Since February I have been part of the on-line obsessive group called Twilight Moms. They are all over the world and conveniently located near all the places that they shot the movie. We received pictures and stories on a daily basis until May when then wrapped the film (until the scheduled the re shoots last month).
When the date was finally released for the movie, Moms in Utah decided that we didn't want to be sharing a theatre with all the teenagers that are just as involved in the book as we are, so we rented out The District theatre and their banquet rooms for quite a huge party. Now, four months later, we have rented out a second theatre and sold 1000 tickets!! CRAZY.
For the party we have a boutique-atmosphere set up with Twilight Merchandise along with games, and activities and all the dealers of the Cullen's cars (Volvo, Mercedes, BMW, Jeep). We are working with Summitt to get some exclusive movie posters and cut outs.
I am on the decoration committee and we have come up with some cool things. We are decking out the area in white lights with black and red ribbons, topiary, and posters galore. I had to look up page numbers for some of the posters that we are using. It was pathetic that I could turn to the exact scene in the book and find the quote without difficulty.
We have shirts that will help people recognize us. They are pink (yes that is right Pink!!). It is a huge sacrifice on my part to be wearing this color and if my office is not evidence enough of how much I love these books, surely the shirt will tell the tale. I haven't owned any pink since about 1985 and Rebekah wasn't even allowed to wear it until after Ethen was born and I relaxed a bit.
It should be the party of the century (okay that was Edward speaking).
Now you know what's up.

No comments: