Friday, December 19, 2008

Mother of the Year Award

I have been struggling with trying to get back on track. Yesterday wasn't a good one.
The kids were snails at getting thier chores done in the morning. That started it off right.
I had a staff meeting at work. To make it more fun for the older ones to hang out instead of going to the daycare I bring the laptop and let them watch a movie quietly behind the white board. People brought in treats so I even gave them a plate full of candy.
They decided that they wanted to start a fight in the middle of me delivering my stuff to the 25 people in the room. I got really mad, but tried to contain myself for the crowd.
Then Bryon's bus was late because of the snow so I took them to Walmart to grocery shop. Not the best idea I know, but what else was I supposed to do? I had an hour before he was going to show up.
Curse them darn heeleys!!
Ethen wore his and was weaving in and out of people and racing down the aisles. After three times of warning him, I finally told him that if he wheeled one more time, I would make him take off his shoes and he could walk around Walmart in his socks. The look of shock on his face gave me a good impression that he understood me.
5 minutes later he raced passed me. I called him over to the cart and yes I made him take them off. Just then Bryon shows up and watches as I make our 6 year old take off his shoes. Then I realize that he didn't wear socks!! Nastiness. But I stuck to my guns. I made him walk the rest of the time in bare feet.
I did let him put them on before we went outside. I am not that cruel.

9 comments:

Alison said...

I thought you earned mother-of-the-year last month when you paraded around in your skivvies for Rebekah's friend. Stop trying to steal the glory from the rest of us!

Today I pulled Matt from the top bunk and nearly broke his leg. All in an effort to keep him from fooling around and breaking (you guessed it) his leg. Nice.

the4ofusut said...

I am so glad to have you in my life so when i think I truly am the meanest mommy ever I realize that you are!! J/K!! We all have to survive the absolute glory called motherhood (and none of us would trade it for anything - well, maybe in the middle of Walmart...)

You make me laugh! Thank you!!

Lyndee W. said...

And wal-mart is the craziest right now, too! On top of all that, you feel crummy! So sorry!

This Place is a Disaster! said...

SWEET GUNS!

Grandma Susie said...

Welcome to motherhood! You're doing just fine. I love seeing my Young Women raising such sweet little families.

Unknown said...

It's great to know that I am not the only one who has child-induced break downs!

DeVries Family said...

SORRY LADY!!! Mother of the year is ALREADY taken by ME!!!! I WIN all the time! Infact, they qutit holding nominations all together because I just go above and beyond every expectation....hey, when you've got it...you've got it right? I hate to brag, but...I CAN'T help it....I AM THE WORLDS #1 MOMMY!!!!! You lose! Hahaha...
Miss you...Merry Christmas!!!

Emily H said...

That whole incident wouldn't have happened if we would have left the heelys at my house for another 2 months. HAHA

Janet said...

Yep... I guess I have Emily to thank that it didn't happen earlier.