Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Update

Captain's Log Stardate 0114.09
Yesterday went off without a hitch. I read with the kids, kept the house clean all day and did a few clutter projects. I also avoided a nap for the second day in a row. After a long day of being a mom, I returned to the Legacy Center to make some more preparations for the upcoming Health Fair. With only four days to go I feel like we are getting to crunch time. I managed to keep my language under control the entire night even with Jr. Jazz chaos and spent a few minutes exercising with Emilio about 10:30. After I had helped Jamie type up a rather long incident report (she types about two words a minute) we started to close down the building. Laurie reminded me that I forgot to clock out while I exercised and I slipped up. I only had 27 more minutes to go before I could claim two days in a row without swearing. Jamie and Laurie took the opportunity to laugh rather hard at me. I deserved it.
Looking forward to trying again today and making my goal once more.
Vigilance. Constant Vigilance

4 comments:

Lyndee W. said...

D***! I mean, dang!

Emily H said...

HEHE You didn't even swear when you were around me. Bryon is right. Laurie IS the bad influence.

Grandma Susie said...

You make an old Young Women's leader proud!! Sorry about the slip up, darn it!! Keep trying.

Suz said...

Just keep working on it! It gets easier with time. It's more of a habit than anything else. I am proud of you though!