Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tribute Tuesday

Birthdays seem like a good way to remember people and I have a lot this week.
So today is for Alison Thomas. My second best friend in life. Al and I met right before I got pregnant with Ethen when they moved into the apartment complex we were managing. She soon became pregnant as well and we have kept up the tradition of managing to get fat together, although she goes back to her teeny little self while my thyroid explodes.
I can trace our friendship along all the important life events over the last six years and some that were not all that important, but highly entertaining. I miss walking to the mall just to have a cheese stick and both of us sluffing relief society when one of us had to nurse.
Posted by Picasa
So here is to Ali. Who other than Bryon, is responsible for the sanity that have now as she was my encouragement to seek help when the depression set in and provided the outlet to combat it.
In many ways she was Bryon's stand in when he was working and going to school full time. We installed many a ceiling fan (without electrocuting each other) and painted many a wall together (with getting only slightly high on fumes).
Even though we are separated by miles and time I take solace in the fact that in 12 years or so we will be united by the bonds of in-law-hood when Jonah and Rebekah finally get married (or when Gentry decides to ditch and come live with Her Bryon).
I love you Al. You and your family mean so much to all of us.

2 comments:

Lyndee W. said...

Isn't it great to have BFF's that help you through thick and thin? And, depression is REALLY thick!

Alison said...

You are such a sweetie, I can't believe I was the focus of a whole tribute Tuesday. I love you tons and miss you. We should get together soon.