Monday, March 30, 2009

Eternally Bonded...Again

I wish that I would have taken pictures yesterday, but I totally slacked off. Between lessons, and meetings and choir and both sets of parents a few things slipped.
Since I basically consider this my journal (bet you didn't know you were getting the secret insides of my life huh?) I needed to make sure and record what a fabulous day we had yesterday.
Since he has been called, sustained and set apart now it is okay to post this right?
Bryon had about 10 days off after he was released from his calling in the Young Men's before the High Councilmen hit us up and church and said he needed to talk to us both in the bishops office after sacrament meeting. Ummm, which degree of freakin out can you imagine?!?
He was called to be in the High Priest Group Leadership in our ward. His response was "But I am not a High Priest" Brother Thompson laughed a little bit then.
It took a while to get used to the idea. We went home and sluffed Sunday school and had some quiet moments. Of course in the humility of my husband he really felt unworthy. We were talking just a couple of days before about how cool high priests were and how they were supposed to be able to expound more on the scriptures etc. He didn't feel like he could do that. DUH of course he can.
The ordination and setting apart didn't happen as we had thought. We were expecting 2:00 and had to move it to 1:00. Bryon was able to pick anyone he wanted to ordain him. I didn't know what to say when he told the high councilmen that he wanted my dad to be the one. Can't even express how I felt. The two most important men in my life.
I had to call dad and tell him to speed down because we moved the time up. They made it a bit late but not too bad.
The reason we had to move it to 1:00 was because the stake president had said that he wanted to do the setting apart. Ummmm-what do you say to that? Thanks but no thanks? If he does the setting apart that means he knows Bryon's name and though we adore President Draper, big things always come around when the Stake President knows who you are.
Couple of things that were funny about the entire process. Multiple people commented that this type of calling is usually peremptory to things like the bishopric and high council. One person okay, but two or three? Come on, are you trying to give me an aneurysm? Then multiple people also commented that things need to be good between us as a couple. It was almost like they thought there was something wrong. Bryon asked me late last night if I thought that he treated me okay.
I told him. "let's see, you give me everything I want (cricut is coming baby!) and still open the door for me" He fills my car with balloons the day before Valentines day, and builds ramps and MFT with the kids. We talk multiple times during the day and the nights when we aren't together. Yeah I think it is safe to say that we are doing better than the average couple.
Of course I knew this kind of thing would happen when I married the guy. I mean seriously, how choosey can you get with high expectations and then not see them expanding later on down the road.
It was awesome to print off his Priesthood Line of Authority again and be able to see my dads name accompanied with all the other names from his side of the family and know that not only are him and I connected forever, but now that same bond exists between him and my dad.

5 comments:

Aimee said...

Congratulations!
Before you know it, he'll be a stake president by the time he's 40... a mission president by the time he's 50... and I could go on, but I'd be freaking out, too!

Grandma Susie said...

I remember when you didn't even like boys! I am very happy for you, Bryon and your sweet little family!!

Lyndee W. said...

I didn't know he was called to the High Priests! That's awesome! What an endearing, sweet, loving post.

Becker Family said...

Wow! Not too surprised though. I could see that one coming! You guys are a great couple!

Anonymous said...

Thanks sweetheart. It was a great privledge to ordain Bryon and to be part of his Priesthood line.