Friday, October 16, 2009

Melt my heart

I was telling my friend Laurie an update about one of the other night managers at the LC. Her husband is in ICU with pneumonia and Swine flu and in a coma. We have put together a fund to get her a Wal-mart gift card for groceries because neither one of them are working obviously. I told Laurie how it didn't look to good for him and how worried I was.
I didn't know Rebekah was listening.
After I was off the phone, she came and gave me a handful of change.
"Will you put this in the envelope for Leslee? This is all I have."
It was 20 cents.
It was hard to look at her with the tears in my eyes and tell her I would.
What a kind heart.

4 comments:

Riss said...

What kind, thoughtful girl. You should be proud.

jim and colleen said...

That is my Rebekah. Her papa Jim is very proud of her.

the4ofusut said...

So sweet!!

Lyndee W. said...

That is freakin' adorable! Sweet Rebekah.