Sunday, February 17, 2008

Cuteness

So Valentines day arrived. With Bryon stuck in the snow and not able to get home from the night before (Staying at Candice all night becuase the road to EM was closed), he was the best present of the day, coming through the door at 9:30 am.
I told him of the small presents that I got for the kids. He told me that Valentines day wasn't Easter and we didn't need to give our kids presents. We had a dicussion about it and I was firm in my belief that we needed to show our kids that we love them too.
Well I figured out the reason I was so adament about it later on that night. We went to see a JUMPER for our date (a movie, how original) and I had a message from my dad when we where driving back home. He had called and left a message on my phone to tell me Happy Valentines Day and that he loved me. It was so cute. I didn't call him back and got busy with the rest of the day. He called the next morning to tell me again and to make sure that I got his message on the day of.
See, I am 30 years old and my daddy still gives me presents on Valentines Day even if it is just a call.
Needless to say, I WIN!!

No comments: