Monday, December 24, 2007

Medical Fiasco Part 3

December 24th 4am

Beginning on Saturday I started not feeling well again. I was thinking that it was just left over flu bug, until dinner that night. I started to shiver. After laying in bed with tons of blankets and then draining the hot water heater trying to warm up I decided that something was wrong. I was even running a fever.
I went through Sunday not doing well and just wanting to sleep. We had a party at my parents house and though I went, I wasn't much fun. I went to sleep okay but then woke myself up and Bryon up with my shivering at 4am. I was mad. I couldn't figure out what was wrong. I am pretty good at diagnosing myself (Bryon calls me Dr. Janet). So I looked up my symptoms online and at 6:30 when I finally stopped shaking I woke Byron up and told him I was going to the ER. I was pretty sure I had a kidney infection. Bryon's aunt was in ICU for 5 days with the same thing that didn't get treated and spread through her body, so I didn't want to mess with it.
I drove myself so that we didn't have to wake up the kids, and drag them.
Sure enough, I was right. The doctor was mad that I had let it get so bad and told me that I would have to stay. Then he changed his mind and said that I would have to come back for three days for IV antibiotics. Finally he calmed down and only made me have one IV and then drugs. I was shocked also that I hadn't noticed the symptoms sooner.
Christmas was a little hazy because I was so sick. We had to cancel going down to Price. It was the first time in 10 years of marriage that we weren't there for Christmas Day.

1 comment:

DeVries Family said...

You poor woman!!! I am soooo sorry! Those are the worst! I hate missing traditions because of sickness! It is annoying...glad you were okay.