Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Rebekah's accomplishment

She woke up this morning and came in to show me what she did last night. I was checking my email over breakfast as usual, and she had something behind her back.

She flipped it out with pride and said, "I finished!"

She had The Book of Mormon Stories that we bought a while ago to make scripture reading more fun for the kids.

I knew that she had been reading it, but I had no idea that she was so far along.
She did this all on her own. We encouraged her to read it, but haven't pushed to hard. In fact I pushed her more to read a book for her volunteer book report that her teacher suggested she do so that she didn't' get bored in class.

At least she had her priorities straight.

What an example to all of us.

She even prayed last night after she had finished it. She said she felt really good inside. We had a nice talk about interpreting the promptings of the Holy Ghost.

Did anyone else have a REAL testimony of the Book of Mormon at 8??!! Add ten years to that and you have mine.

How lucky are we to be parents of such an awesome spirit.

No comments: