Monday, August 4, 2008

BDAY Part Three

We had the great pleasure of going to Jonah Thomas' Baptism Saturday morning. He is my birthday buddy and my best friend's son. It was a fabulous party and we stayed so long that even the grandparents had left.
Rebekah and Jonah (who have been betrothed since age 2) kept trying to come up with plans on how we could stay longer. It was a bit annoying, but so cute that they wanted to spend more time together.
We left really late.

Bryon and the kids did a BANG up job on my day. Of course they allowed me the time to hang out with my friends and be a complete idiot the night before. They got me a SugarLand cd that I have wanted for a while along with a new headlamp. I am strongly suspicious that Bryon picked this particular gift so that he didn't have to try and sleep with the light on while I read my new book. He is sooooo sly.
We got home so late and we were all so tired that we had pizza for dinner (less clean up baby) and then Bryon made Brownies and Ice Cream. They even sang to me!

I forgot to mention that my daddy called me on the way to the baptism, just like he does every year. It was great to talk to both my parents on speaker phone, like usual. Thanks mom and dad for always showing your love. You are the best.

3 comments:

This Place is a Disaster! said...

Janet - It's me, Melissa Pearson, from jr. high!!!

Becker Family said...

Happy Birthday, Janet!
Sounds like you had a great time!

Alison said...

Happy Birthday! See you Thursday. . .or probably not since you always conveniently leave town when I'm home.