Saturday, September 27, 2008

24 hours of fun

This week was a total struggle.
We were able to hurry through a FHE on Monday, I worked Tuesday, Bryon did service for our neighbor on Wednesday and then I worked Thursday. Friday night I had a Twilight Movie Committee Planning Meeting in Salt Lake to finalize details (there are still tickets left if you want to go).
My in-laws met us at the LC to trade a bunch of stuff. I realized that I wouldn't be able to spend anytime with them before I needed to leave for my meeting. After having a week of kisses goodbye in the morning and kisses good night being the only interaction I was able to have with my family, I made a HUGE sacrifice and ditched the meeting.
We hung out with Bryon's parents for about an hour and then went and got movies for a PJ party.
Bryon and I rented two, and new one and an old one. The new one was HORRIBLE! We laughed at how bad it was and then we watched the re-run. There is no one I would rather watch a stupid movie with than him (or any movie for that matter).

On Saturday I cleaned the carpets. One of the drop off items was the carpet cleaner. I am buying me one for Christmas so Patsy and Greg don't have to keep lugging the thing up here for me.
I was so excited to finally be able to get out all the milk stains from Sam's bottles (yes it has been that long...GROSS).
Bryon furiously cleaned the rest of the house and the kids played with their friends all morning.
When lunch time rolled around we were all pretty beat. But no one can be tired like Ethen.
We noticed that he had been a bit quite for a while and when I got up to clean up the dishes I realized why. I guess that the night of watching movies was a bit much for him because this is how we found him.

Completely asleep. When I took him to his room he muttered that he was just going to take a short nap. Then he didn't even remember that he fell asleep on the floor 2 hours later when he woke up. We were laughing pretty hard when we showed him the pictures.
While the boys and I took a nap, Bryon taught Rebekah how to play Double Golf. They were still at it when we woke up. I couldn't sleep very well because of Rebekah laughing the whole time. They were only going to play to 50 then 100 then 150....


Sam wanted to be part of the picture action so I asked him what he was wearing. We didn't even get him out of his favorite pj's. He love Superman.

Before I headed off to work at 5 the kids and I made the best cookies ever!! Don't worry I won't every share the recipe because I have perfect the Chocolate Chip cookie. I told Bryon that if he ever dunked on of them in milk I would never make them again. They are so soft!! Yummmmm.

After all that time with my family it was hard to head off to work. It is a rare occasion that we can spend so much time together.

It was pure bliss..

2 comments:

Emily H said...

So what was the movie that was so terrible?

Becker Family said...

I love days like that... Glad to see you guys are doing so well.