Friday, January 23, 2009

How hard is it to rent a movie?

The Weekend!! Bryon had a basketball game tonight so I was home from work. The kids love to have pj parties and sleep down stairs so I went on line and reserved two movies from Red Box. That is the way to go. Then you already know what is there and don't have to wait forever. I wish more people would pick up on this feature. The lines would be shorter. Plus there is one in Smith's so when we go and get treats, we just stop and get the movies.
So we all went and when I tried to get the movies, the machine said it didn't recognize my card. I decided to try again after we went shopping. Still a no go. They gave me a number to call, so I did since I already received an email confirmation. I called and waited (not kidding) 10 minutes in the car for them to come on the line. The kids were getting rowdy by this point. Then the lady tells me that I need to be at the kiosk. I drive over to the front of the store, leave the car running and hurry back into the foyer. Of course there is a line. Man was I getting mad. Then the lady tells me as we are waiting for people to scroll through all the movies (rent on line people!!) that there are two locations at this store. WHAT THE!!!! I always come here and have never seen a second machine. So I go out to the car, find another parking spot, instruct the children to stay put, lock the doors and RUN into the store. I ask the customer service lady where the other machine is. She looks befuddled for a minute and then says "there is one by the fuel pumps." OF COURSE!!! Get back in the car, drive to the fuel pumps and sure enough there it is, along with three people in line. Then I find out that I had rented one of the movies twice!! So mad by this time that I don't care. I will pay an extra buck just to get home. Then the neighbors pull up to get gas and start teasing me. I am good spirited, but want to scream.
Finally pick up the movies and go home. Only to realize that the one I got for the kids isn't exactly uplifting. Don't recommend Igor for anyone with impressionable kids.

By the way. I did all of that without one single swear word. At least there is a bright side right?

3 comments:

Lyndee W. said...

I forgot about the one by the pumps! Good job not swearing, btw.

Adria said...

That is why I hate redbox, Netflix is the only way to go.

Becker Family said...

We rent on-line. Love it.