Saturday, February 28, 2009

Thanks Kelly

I just read this on my TM friend Kelly's blog. It really helps me to remember that I am not alone.

I realize that my lawn is frequently dotted with dog poop, but somehow this is just a bit…(WAY!) more disgusting.Yesterday my kid and his friend were playing in the back yard. They were pretending that different parts of the yard were various rooms in their imaginary house. They moved a patio chair into the living room. There was a snack served in the kitchen. The trampoline was the bedroom. Then I heard talk of the “pee tree”.This is what is known as a RED FLAG.I went outside to investigate. “Where is the pee tree, boys?” They pointed it out to me.“What are you guys doing by the pee tree?”Silence.“You are just pretending that’s a bathroom, right? You’re not really peeing out here are you?”They looked at each other, and then more silence.“Ok, guys. I get it. PLEASE do not pee in the backyard anymore. We are people, not animals.”See? I can be reasonable. No over-reacting here.
Cut to later.I overhear a discussion among brothers about how the friend pooped in my back yard right next to my bird bath.What the??So then I find myself having a discussion about why it’s not ok to TAKE A DUMP outside and that he will be the one scooping up the aforementioned poop.Now it’s his turn to freak out. “What????” he said. “I don’t want to clean it up! Why do I have to clean it up?”My answer: “Um….because it was your little game, and your friends poop.”His reply: “That’s not fair!”My comeback: “Tell you what. The next time "name omitted" poops in our backyard, I will totally clean it up. But since it was your pal, it’s your job.”

Yep, aren't you all glad you have boys??

4 comments:

Lyndee W. said...

Thankfully, I haven't faced this type of situation yet. *knocks on wood* I attribute it to teaching him manners from the tender age of 1 month. Or I was just blessed with one heck of a good boy!

Adria said...

I'm only having girls. Period.

Anonymous said...

I hate to be the barer of bad news but this happens with girls as well. Sorry. I knwo from personal experience with my two youngest daughters.

April said...

Yeah, my oldest boy went through a brief phase where it was cooler to go to the bathroom outside than inside! Luckily the grow out of it.