Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Day your glad you are a mom

1-I went in this morning for a lovely round of counting money at work. On the way home I got a phone call from Aprill saying that Ethen was in the office at school. He was telling everyone that he was having a heart attack. After talking to him, I figured out that he had a substitute today who had no earthly idea about his phobia of the wind and she made him go out for recess. He got a stomach ache from the anxiety and told his friend that he stomach hurt. His friend told him that he was probably having a heart attack. See how that all worked out? I went and picked him up anyway and took him home.

2-Sam was already asleep when we pulled into the school parking lot (which is the plan, it make naps easier on days I have to go into work). I had to wake him up to take him in to get Ethen signed out. Needless to say, that 10 minutes was the only nap he got. I tried everything for two hours and finally gave up. Now he is a cranky little sucker.

3- While getting Ethen I thought I should let Rebekah know that she didn't need to wait for him to walk home. She wasn't in class but her teacher happily took the message (and laughed with me about the heart attack) and gave me the notice that Rebekah is Student of the Month for March. We are invited to the assembly on Friday. When she got home, she called Bryon to tell him her exciting news and see if he could take the day off to be there for the assembly. I found her a few minutes later hiding in her closet crying because "Dad said he probably couldn't come." He had already taken two days off this week for a basketball injury and didn't feel like he could make it. She was devastated.

2 comments:

Lyndee W. said...

The heart attack is hilarious! Sean is always telling me he broke his leg {while he's walking on it no less}. I didn't know Ethen was afraid of the wind...Sean hates it too!

Tell Rebekah congratulations. I'm sorry that Bryon can't be there for her...but tell her that her amazing neighbor says congrats! Hee,hee!

Emily H said...

Well you are a better mom then I. I would have left the babe in the car while I ran into the school. On a different note I still can't figure out why social services is calling me. ;)